The Sharp ER-2386S tax programming is pretty simple when you have a simple flat rate. Tax tables are a different story, but I don’t think anyone uses them any longer. The Sharp ER-2386S is capable of two tax rates, and yes many states and cities have several different rates. So here are the steps
- Turn the mode lock to PGM
- Enter 241
- press . (decimal)
- press 1 for tax rate 1 or 2 for tax rate 2
press the @
- Enter the tax rate as 00.0000 so 8.8% would enter as 88000 or 7% would be 70000 DO NOT PRESS THE DECIMAL KEY, THE PROGRAMMING WILL ADD IT IN THE CORRECT PLACE
- Press the @
- Enter the lowest taxable amount ( I always use 1) so anything above $0.01 will be taxed if a taxable department. If you area is different enter the local minimum amount.
- Press Cash (CA/AT) to finish
- Repeat for tax 1 or 2 as needed.
Remember to return the key to the REG mode before trying.
Please post a comment if you are having problems
The Cash Register