To program the tax rate on a Sharp ER-A320 follow these instructions:
- With the MA key turn the mode lock to PGM
- Enter 2711
- Press . (decimal)
- Press the @/For Key
- Press 1 (see notes below)
- Press @/For key
- Enter rate. Example if your rate is 8.8% you would enter 88000 as the register will place the decimal point.
- Press the @/For key
- Enter the lowest taxable amount. Example if all sales $0.01 and up are taxable you would enter 1 if however the minimum taxable amount is $0.25 then enter 25 in most places it is $0.01 and up.
- Press the CA/AT key (Cash Key)
Check the print out to make sure the rate is correct.
- Make sure and turn the Mode Lock back to REG.
NOTES in step 5 I wrote to enter the number 1. The number 1 in this case is for tax rate 1, the Sharp ER-A320 is capable of 4 tax rates. So enter the number of the tax rate you wish to program. If you needed to program tax rate 3 then you would enter 3 in step 5. If you have to program multiple tax rates just start over after step 10