What are the best three models of cash registers for the C-Store Market?
If you did not already know, SAM4s is really the only commercial grade line of cash resisters being sold in North America. They have been making great progress bringing new models to market that really are hybrid cash register/pos systems. before we look at the three best models let's examine the features that make one register better than the other. You then can decide if you need those features or not.
What features do you need in a cash register in a quick retail environment.
All cash registers are not created equally, don't find out the hardware way. Us our list of features below to at least think about some of the functions you may need.
- Bar Code Scanning, how many UPC's will you need. This is a pretty basic feature found in most models these days, however consider the number of UPC's you may need.
- Receipt and Journal Printer. This is an important feature and not one to be overlooked. Most modern registers no longer have a printed Journal tape (Audit) although they most all have an electronic journal.
- Mix and Match pricing also known as Promo pricing. Example is Buy one at $0.99 or three of $2.79 as an example. A good register will do this by the item regardless of where an item is sold in a transaction.
- Bottle Deposit aka CRV.
- Emailed reports
- Add Items on the fly also known as PLU not found or dynamic UPC.
- Do you need Scan Data Interface for the tobacco rebates?
- Mobile Device for in-store price changes and adding items.
The best choice of cash register for the retail application is the SAM4s SAP-630RLet's take a look at the features from above this machine checks off.
- Accommodates well over 60K UPC items
- Electronic journal with a paid order recall feature to allow you to scroll through previous transactions on the display
- Handles Mix and match very well. The mix and match tables have a mane so much easier to link to your UPC number.
- Check on the bottle deposit. Works very well and easy.
- This register can email you you end of day reports. Their is a mobile app as well for reports on your phone.
- You can add UPC's on the fly if they are not already in your database.
- Interfacing to scan data soon.
- Mobile device available today.
- For more detail on the SAM4s SAP-630R
What features does the SAM4s SPS-345 have you will find useful?
- Handles up to 20K UPC items
- This register features a printed audit tape.
- 99 Mix and Match tables. Can not be named like the register above..
- Yes on bottle deposit.
- No emailed reports.
- UPC's can be added on the fly.
- No Scan data now or in the future.
- No Mobile Device now or in the works.
- Additional details can be found here SPS-345
The SAM4s ER-945 can handle a retail environment too. Compared below to the two other registers
- Like the 345 it has a capacity of 20K
- Printed hard copy journal tape.
- Yes up to 100 mix and match tables.
- Bottle deposits can be linked to a UPC.
- No ability to email sales reports.
- UPC items can be added on the fly.
- No scan data interface with this model ever.
- No type of mobile device ever with this model.
- Find our more here SAM4s ER-945
There are other registers of course from SAM4s that are suitable to retail as well. We field many calls and these are some of the top feature concerns end-users have when implementing a system. For more information we can be reached at 800-863-2274