The ER-5200M is a great register that is pretty easy to program. Following is some help on programming the tax rates for this register.
Straight Percentage Tax Rate Programming
When tax requirements may be met using a straight percentage rate, use the following method to
program a tax as a straight percentage.
Programming Straight Percentage Tax Rates and Status
1. Turn the control lock to the P position.
2. If the tax is a percentage rate, with a decimal. (0.000-99.999). It is not necessary to
enter preceding zeros. For example, for 6%, enter 06.000 or 6.000.
3. For the type of tax:
If the tax is a percentage added to the sale (normal add on tax), enter: 0
If the tax is a percentage value added tax (VAT; calculated as part of the
4. Enter 0 here for all taxes, unless if you are programming tax 4 as a Canadian GST. If tax
4 is a Canadian GST, enter the sum of the options below:
OPTION VALUE = SUM
GST (tax 4) is taxable by rate 1? Yes = 1 No = 0
GST (tax 4) is taxable by rate 2? Yes = 2 No = 0
GST (tax 4) is taxable by rate 3? Yes = 4 No = 0
5. Press the Tax Shift key for the tax you are programming.
6. Press the CASH key to end programming.
Below is an example of a tax rate of 8.8% NON GST regular sales tax rate
Programming Chart 8.80000
The last two zeros are the answer to Steps 3 and 4
I think the manual is posted here for the ER5200M
Labels: Cash Register Manuals, SAM4s Cash Register Manuals, SAM4s Cash Registers, SAM4s ER-5200M, Tax programming