The ER-5200M/5240Mhas the capability to support four separate taxes. Taxes can be calculated as either a straight percentage rate of between .001% and 99.999%, or a 60 break point tax table. Each tax may be either an add-on tax (added to the cost of a taxable item), or a value added tax (VAT) that is included in the price of the item. I'm only going to address the straight percentage rate.
Straight Percentage Tax Rate Programming
When tax requirements may be met using a straight percentage rate, use the following method to
program a tax as a straight percentage.
1. Turn the control lock to the P position.
2. If the tax is a percentage rate, with a decimal. (0.000-99.999). It is not necessary to enter preceding zeros. For example, for 6%, enter 06.000 or 6.000.
3. For the type of tax: If the tax is a percentage added to the sale (normal add on tax), enter: 0
4. Enter 0 here for all taxes, unless if you are programming tax 4 as a Canadian GST.
5. Press the Tax Shift key for the tax you are programming.
6. Press the CASH key to end programming.
Again this was for a basic add on sales tax. There are other options.
If you need help programming your cash register
we can help. If you did not buy from us we do charge for support over the phone.
Labels: Cash Register, SAM4s Cash Registers, SAM4s ER-5200M, Tax programming