Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cash Registers still on the Market

I have been in the Cash Register Business for a very long time and have seen quite a few companies come and go. So here is the information I have about Cash Register Companies still in the USA and doing well and companies that as far as I know are no longer around at least in the USA. (Again this is the best of my knowledge and I could be wrong)

  • Sharp Cash Registers - Still doing well and introducing new models. I don't think they have nearly as many dealers as they once had.
  • SAM4s Cash Registers. - Doing great and I would consider them the Market Leader in the USA
  • Sweda - Long gone as far as I know.
  • Omron - Pretty sure they stopped selling Cash Registers in North America
  • Sanyo - I think about 15 years ago they stopped selling Cash Registers in North America. They may still be selling in other parts of the world.
  • TEC - Still selling in the US although I doubt for much longer but I could be wrong!
  • Uniwell - I think they still have a limited presence in the US and Canada
  • Datasym - Still around although I think a shadow of their former selves.
  • Royal - I think they are still pumping out entry level low cost registers through mass merchandisers.
  • Swintec - I think they are still around
  • Casio - Still here for sure but I don't think they are a big player any more however they are also into the mass merchandiser marketing which real dealers do not like.
  • NCR - The original Cash Register Company I could be wrong and I know they are a huge player in High End Computers and the High End POS world but I don't think they make Cash Registers any longer for the traditional market place.
  • JCM Gold - I think that they are still out there but not positive. I would think twice about buying one!
  • TOWA - Long Gone as far as I know
  • TCA - Pretty sure they left the market 20+ years ago
  • MKD - RIP
Now this is not to say that there are not supplies still available because in most cases I think there is. Again don't take my word as Gospel on these companies this is just what I pick up from being in the industry and getting calls from people that own some of these older machines.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Oh I forgot! Samsung Cash Registers became SAM4s Cash Registers